We will develop an innovative mobile app used to identify and design original and transformational mobile learning scenarios across various contexts (e.g., in formal spaces, in outdoor spaces, etc.), and to collect data in situ to evaluate the impact of these scenarios on learners in teacher education and in schools. It will be used by teacher educators with their pre-service teachers and by teachers in schools in order to expand their repertoire of mobile learning designs. The app will include:
- Opportunities to watch highly transformational video exemplars of mobile learning, and support for users in deconstructing these exemplars in order to identify their underlying structures and principles. This will enable users to construct their own transformational learning designs using scaffolds provided through the app.
- A theoretical framework for the construction of mobile designs.
- A number of survey tools to enable users to evaluate their current practices.
- A tool that enables users to identify apps that have been ranked as potentially transformational across different settings.
- Data collection from users that will lead to recursive modification, redesign and wider dissemination of a bank of transformative mobile learning scenarios.